Weekly Forex Market Followup (January 28th - February 1st 2013)
Key Fundamental Forex Events for the Week of January 28th through February 1st
The following table lists the key economic data and other events that came out during the week of January 28th through February 1st, with release times displayed for the GMT time zone.
The list also indicates how much each release deviated from the market consensus forecast upon release, as well as what the affected major currency pair or pairs did after each event or set of events.
Monday, January 28th
- All Day AUD Bank Holiday. The currency fell.
- 1:30pm USD Core Durable Goods Orders 1.3% versus 0.8% expected. The currency rose.
- 3:00pm USD Pending Home Sales -4.3% versus 0.5% expected.
Tuesday, January 29th
- 3:00pm USD CB Consumer Confidence 58.6 versus 64.5 expected. The currency fell.
Wednesday, January 30th
- 10:11am EUR Italian 10-year Bond Auction 4.17 average yield versus last 4.48 and 1.3 bid to cover ratio versus last 1.5. The currency rose.
- 1:15pm USD ADP Non-Farm Payrolls 192K versus 164K expected. The currency fell.
- 1:30pm USD Advance GDP -0.1% versus 1.3% expected.
- 7:15pm USD FOMC Statement noted that, ““.
- 8:00pm NZD Official Cash Rate 2.50%, as expected. The currency fell.
- 8:00pm NZD RBNZ Rate Statement noted that, ““.
Thursday, January 31st
- 1:30pm CAD GDP 0.3% versus 0.2% expected. The currency rose.
- 1:30pm USD Weekly Initial Jobless Claims 368K versus 355K expected. The currency fell.
Friday, February 1st
- 12:30am AUD PPI 0.2% versus 0.3% expected. The currency fell.
- 1:00am CNY Manufacturing PMI 50.4 versus 51.1 expected.
- 9:30am GBP Manufacturing PMI 50.8 versus 51.0 expected. The currency fell.
- 1:30pm USD Non-Farm Payrolls 157K versus 156K expected. The currency fell.
- 1:30pm USD Unemployment Rate 7.9% versus 7.8% expected.
- 3:00pm USD ISM Manufacturing PMI 53.1 versus 50.8 expected.
Technical Recap for the Majors This Week
Actual: Higher from a 1.3458 open to a 1.3697 close.
Forecast: Mildly Higher
Actual: Higher from a 91.06 open to a 92.51 close.
Forecast: Mildly Lower
Actual: Mildly lower from a 1.5765 open to a 1.5738 close.
Actual: Mildly lower from a 1.0415 open to a 1.0405 close.
Forecast: Mildly Lower
Actual: Mildly lower from a 1.0068 open to a 0.9995 close.
Actual: Higher from a 0.8354 open to a 0.8454 close.
Risk Statement: Trading Foreign Exchange on margin carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. The possibility exists that you could lose more than your initial deposit. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you.
Popular Forex Education Articles
Popular Currency Pairs
Follow us on:
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010