A bull tone still for AUDUSD into mid-February, echoing the bull trend for this year, leaving the bias for further gains into the second half of February.
This contrasts with the recent NZDUSD weakness, since the recent RBNZ meeting, which has neutralised the 2017 bull pressures and leaves the bias for a correction lower into the balance of February.
Above .7778 would set a still more bullish outlook for AUDUSD; we do not see risk of an equivalent bull theme for NZDUSD, rather see a more negative correction tone towards .7000.
Another setback and another strong rebound on Wednesday, holding above support established at .7615/02, up through resistances at .7696, maintaining the risk still higher into Thursday.
Furthermore, risk into February remains for a push above .7778, which would see an intermediate-term bullish shift.
- We see an upside bias for .7709; break here aims for .7742, maybe up to key .7778.
- But below .7632 opens risk down to .7615/02, maybe .7547.
Short/ Intermediate-term Range Parameters: We see the range defined by .7155 and .7778.
Range Breakout Challenge
- Upside: Above .7778 aims higher for .7835/49/78 and .80000.
- Downside: Below .7155 sees risk lower for .7141, .7106, .6971 and maybe .6825.
Daily AUDUSD Chart
Despite a rebound effort on Wednesday through minor resistance at .7198, better resistance remains intact at .7218/25/30, and was below here we see downside pressures again into Thursday.
Furthermore, the threat has eased for an intermediate-term bullish shift above .7403.
- We see a downside bias for .7131; break here aims for the .7113/7092 area.
- But above .7218/25/30 opens risk up to .7280/85.
Short/ Intermediate-term Range Parameters: We see the range defined by .7403 and .6867.
Range Breakout Challenge
- Upside: Above .7403 aims higher for .7485, .7564 and .7744.
- Downside: Below .6867 sees risk lower for .6800, .6676/64, .6572/41 and maybe as deep as .6343.
Daily NZDUSD Chart
Forextraders' Broker of the Month
ForexTime (FXTM) is an award-winning platform that certainly has the feeling of being set up by people who know what they are doing. The firm demonstrates an understanding of what helps traders make better returns, and its success can be measured by the fact that it's doubled the number of clients it supports in recent years. The fact that the broker has grown to have more than two million accounts suggests it is getting things right for clients.