Forex Brokers in the UK
Sometimes size and experience matters, especially when it comes to choosing a forex broker that will meet your needs. London has been a financial center for centuries, and this includes the world of foreign exchange. Early in the last century, when telex machines were used to communicate cross-border settlement information, the British Pound was the world’s reserve currency. Settlements were made over “cable”, as it were, and the nickname of “cable” soon came to mean the Pound Sterling. London also became the center for these exchanges and remains the largest center today. Nearly 37% or $1.5 trillion in volume are transacted daily in forex securities out of London, compared to 18% in New York and 6% in Tokyo.
74% of clients lose money. Capital at risk.
- Trusted Global Market Leader
|CFTC, CIMA, FCA, FSA, IIRO, NFA||FOREXTrader & MT4 for PC, MAC, iPhone, iPad and Android, WebTrader|
Your capital is at risk
- Trade 15 cryptocurrencies
Your capital is at risk
||FSA, VFSC||MetaTrader 4, Web Trader, Social Trading Allpips, Web Platform Allpips|
Due to this extensive history, forex in the U.K. is at a more advanced stage in comparison to many other Western nations. It is no surprise that many forex brokers have chosen to set up shop here in order to take advantage of the prestige of a `forex broker for Brits`. Apart from the added safety of trading through a Financial Services Authority (F.S.A) regulated firm, traders using Forex brokers in the U.K. can take advantage of strategies such as hedging, and employ higher leverage than what is possible in the United States. Recent legislation may actually restrict U.S. traders in this regard.
Since London is the largest forex trading market and has attracted more than its share of professionals in this arena, it is wise to choose a broker, if the laws permit, from this locale. Benefits abound in three key areas:
- Safety and Security: Forex is still at a youthful stage in its development, and there is hardly a trader who has not somehow heard about fraud and scandals in the business. Be that as it may, a Forex broker in the U.K. is one of the best bets in the market when the concern is security. The F.S.A. requires that client assets be separated from the assets of the company, which means that in the case of fraud or bankruptcy, your account will be immune to the claims of creditors. You may not know, but in many other jurisdictions, the opposite is the case.
- Transaction Cost: Since pricing in the brokerage business is often driven by scale, large brokers can afford to give the tightest spreads around, but do not be guided by price spreads alone. Small brokers tend to offer unbelievable spreads, but make up for it with other fees, poor execution, and “slippage”, the difference between the expected price of a trade, and the actual price of the executed trade.
- Execution: Execution and pricing go hand-in-hand when it comes to evaluating a forex broker. A demo system may acquaint you with your broker’s software platform, but the execution here is not under real market conditions. Check reviews and with other traders to guide your choice. In London, however, you can expect the “best of breed” to be present at the larger and more established firms, where size and reputation make a true difference.
Safety and security, low trading costs, and efficient execution are just a few of the benefits that U.K. forex brokers can bring to the table. Flexibility and customer service also excel in the U.K., and deposits and withdrawals tend to be much easier to transact. Since the financial community in Britain takes a great deal of pride in its position in the world, it is hard to go wrong when choosing one of them to be your “unseen” business partner. No sense losing sleep at night worrying about your account with some small firm in a distant tax haven.
Choosing among the many firms in the retail forex trading business can be a difficult task nowadays. To make your job easier, we have compiled a selection of some of the outstanding offers in the market above. Stay with the regulated brokers – to discover what your best options among them are, be sure to check out our forex broker ratings above!
We have extensive information on what to consider before choosing your forex broker in a newly launched guide on this. Visit this new forex broker guide now!
Read our reviews of more forex brokers that did not make our top list above:
|NetoTrade – Read review||Orbex – Read review|
|iForex – Read review||Trade24 – Read review|
|xTrade – Read review||Trade360 – Read review|
|24Option – Read review||UFX – Read review|
|IG Group – Read review||HarborX – Read review|
|MexGroup – Read review||Oanda – Read review|
|Tradeo – Read review||London Capital Group – Read review|
|IC Markets – Read review||Capex – Read review|
|ATFX – Read review||TradeFred – Read review|
|IQ Option – Read review||Libertex – Read review|
|Swiss Markets – Read review||iTrader – Read review|
|FX Globe – Read review||Formax – Read review|
|Think Markets – Read review||Z.com Trade – Read review|
|Orbex – Read review||NSFX – Read review|
|USGFX – Read review||STO – Read review|
|Trio Markets – Read review||HYCM – Read review|
|eToro – Read review||FXGiants – Read review|
|BD Swiss – Read review||ETX Capital – Read review|
|Trade.com – Read review||easyMarkets – Read review|
|Finq – Read review||XTB – Read review|
|everFX – Read review|