Cable (GBPUSD) pushed to new cycle lows into the end of 2015, whilst USDCAD remains at the upper end of a strong, multi-year bull trend.
This leaves both the GB Pound and Canadian Dollar vulnerable to further losses versus the US currency into early 2016.
A push to a new cycle low into year-end leaves a negative bias for Monday.
Moreover, whilst below 1.5336, the previous bear signals from Q4 through 1.5024, 1.4894 and 1.4856, leave a bigger picture negative theme for January.
- We see a downside bias for 1.4691; break here aims for 1.4655 and 1.4604, maybe key 1.4566.
- But above 1.4893 opens risk up to 1.4914.
Short/ Intermediate-term Outlook – Downside Risks:
- We see a negative tone with the bearish threat to 1.4701 and 1.4566.
- Break aims for 1.4346, 1.4229 and 1.4000.
What Changes This? Above 1.5336 signals a neutral tone, only shifting positive above 1.5509.
Daily GBPUSD Chart
The December surge through the key 1.3457/62 resistance area set a bullish tone into January (and beyond).
Despite the setback and consolidation to end 2015, whilst minimally above 1.3811, we see an upside bias for Monday.
- We see an upside bias for 1.3940; break here aims for 1.4002/4030.
- But below 1.3811 opens risk down to 1.3740/38, which we would look to try to hold.
Short/ Intermediate-term Outlook – Upside Risks:
- We see a positive tone with the bullish threat to 1.4000/4030.
- Break targets 1.4190, 1.4500 and 1.4660.
What Changes This? Below 1.3221 signals a neutral tone, only shifting negative below 1.3036.
Monthly USDCAD Chart
Forextraders' Broker of the Month
ForexTime (FXTM) is an award-winning platform that certainly has the feeling of being set up by people who know what they are doing. The firm demonstrates an understanding of what helps traders make better returns, and its success can be measured by the fact that it's doubled the number of clients it supports in recent years. The fact that the broker has grown to have more than two million accounts suggests it is getting things right for clients.