A strong tone Wednesday for the Japanese yen, with a USDJPY break lower, through notable support. This has signalled a short-term top and negative tone in the very near term, although the year-end bias remains bullish.
The Australian Dollar, however, has rejected a more bullish base and breakout (for now) with a roll back lower to the Q4 range. Although this points to a near term consolidation, we still see a skewed risk for year-end for a bullish shift above .7385.
A setback from ahead of 123.67/75 resistance this week, but a Wednesday plunge through our key 122.30/22/18 support, to shift the tone bearish for Thursday.
However, the November surging rally above the 121.75/77 area set a strong base and bullish tone into December.
- We see a downside bias for 121.35; break here aims for 120.92/88, maybe 120.22/21.
- But above 122.26 opens risk up to 122.83.
Short/ Intermediate-term Outlook – Upside Risks:
- We see a positive tone with the bullish threat to 124.16.
- Above here targets 125.28 and 125.85.
What Changes This? Below 199.99 signals a neutral tone, only shifting negative below 118.03.
Daily USDJPY Chart
Another prod lower Wednesday below .7182 to approach .7168, after the setback from the key .7382/83 area, to leaves a bear tone again for Thursday.
Despite the somewhat hesitant prod above the .7382/83 barriers (to .7285 only), we do expect a bullish shift from a broader range theme for December, but need a confirmation above the new .7385 high.
- We see a downside bias for .7169/68; break here aims for .7157/50, maybe .7105.
- But above .7270/72 opens risk up to .7342.
Short/ Intermediate-term Range Parameters: We see the broader range defined by .6936 and .7385.
Range Breakout Challenge
- Upside: Above .7385 aims higher for .7440/99 and .7681.
- Downside: Below .6936 sees risk lower for 6894, .6857 and .6645.
Daily AUDUSD Chart
Forextraders' Broker of the Month
ForexTime (FXTM) is an award-winning platform that certainly has the feeling of being set up by people who know what they are doing. The firm demonstrates an understanding of what helps traders make better returns, and its success can be measured by the fact that it's doubled the number of clients it supports in recent years. The fact that the broker has grown to have more than two million accounts suggests it is getting things right for clients.