EURUSD pushed last week through a key support at 1.1213 to shift negate the underlying bull theme from late 2015 and to leave risks lower into late May
However, Cable (GBPUSD), has retained a bullish tone (despite a dip Friday), to leave upside pressures through month-end.
As probe below 1.1213 Thursday produced an intermediate service shift from a bullish to a neutral tone; the risk is now growing for a push through 1.1142 support, which sees a bearish switch.
The low level consolidation Friday, capped below minor resistance at 1.1255 also leaves the bias lower Monday.
- We see a downside bias through 1.1177; break here aims for critical 1.1142, maybe 1.1105/00.
- But above 1.1255 opens risk up to 1.1293.
Short/ Intermediate-term Range Parameters: We see the range defined by 1.1447 and 1.1142.
Range Breakout Challenge
- Upside: Above 1.1447 aims higher for 1.1714 and 1.1871.
- Downside: Below 1.1142 sees risk lower for 1.1055 and 1.0823/21.
Daily EURUSD Chart
A probe last week above firm resistances at 1.4531/44 and 1.4572/75 reinforced the intermediate term bullish view, but the setback Friday through 1.4525/20 support shifts the bias back to the downside for Monday.
- We see a downside bias for 1.4455/50; break here aims for 1.4399.
- But above 1.4586 opens risk up to 1.4664.
Short/ Intermediate-term Outlook – Upside Risks:
- We see a positive tone with the bullish threat to 1.4816.
- Above here targets 1.4945, 1.5000 and 1.5240.
What Changes This? Below 1.4297 signals a neutral tone, only shifting negative below 1.4089.
Daily GBPUSD Chart
Forextraders' Broker of the Month
ForexTB is generally considered a reliable and reputable firm. It offers a variety of desirable features and attracts traders from all over Europe. The brokerage is fully regulated and licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and is fully compliant with the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Customer reviews are usually positive, and independent industry websites that have reviewed ForexTB have concluded that the broker is safe...