EURUSD pushed last week through a key support at 1.1213 to shift negate the underlying bull theme from late 2015 and to leave risks lower into late May
However, Cable (GBPUSD), has retained a bullish tone (despite a dip Friday), to leave upside pressures through month-end.
As probe below 1.1213 Thursday produced an intermediate service shift from a bullish to a neutral tone; the risk is now growing for a push through 1.1142 support, which sees a bearish switch.
The low level consolidation Friday, capped below minor resistance at 1.1255 also leaves the bias lower Monday.
- We see a downside bias through 1.1177; break here aims for critical 1.1142, maybe 1.1105/00.
- But above 1.1255 opens risk up to 1.1293.
Short/ Intermediate-term Range Parameters: We see the range defined by 1.1447 and 1.1142.
Range Breakout Challenge
- Upside: Above 1.1447 aims higher for 1.1714 and 1.1871.
- Downside: Below 1.1142 sees risk lower for 1.1055 and 1.0823/21.
Daily EURUSD Chart
A probe last week above firm resistances at 1.4531/44 and 1.4572/75 reinforced the intermediate term bullish view, but the setback Friday through 1.4525/20 support shifts the bias back to the downside for Monday.
- We see a downside bias for 1.4455/50; break here aims for 1.4399.
- But above 1.4586 opens risk up to 1.4664.
Short/ Intermediate-term Outlook – Upside Risks:
- We see a positive tone with the bullish threat to 1.4816.
- Above here targets 1.4945, 1.5000 and 1.5240.
What Changes This? Below 1.4297 signals a neutral tone, only shifting negative below 1.4089.
Daily GBPUSD Chart
Forextraders' Broker of the Month
ForexTime (FXTM) is an award-winning platform that certainly has the feeling of being set up by people who know what they are doing. The firm demonstrates an understanding of what helps traders make better returns, and its success can be measured by the fact that it's doubled the number of clients it supports in recent years. The fact that the broker has grown to have more than two million accounts suggests it is getting things right for clients.