Despite initial US dollar weakness after the Wednesday 21st September FOMC meeting, a firm US dollar rebound was seen Friday.
The GB Pound and the New Zealand Dollar suffered losses against the US dollar on Friday, which indicated a more negative tone for GBPUSD and NZDUSD into late September.
A GBPUSD break below 1.2791 and /or a NZDUSD break below .7200 would signal more negative shifts.
A sell off on Friday to surrender 1.3025, 1.2944 and 1.2925 support, to reject the Wednesday-Thursday advance, shifting the bias to the downside on Monday.
For Monday/ Tuesday:
• We see a downside bias for 1.2864 and 1.2850; break here aims for the key multi-decade low at 1.2791.
• But above 1.3020 opens risk up to 1.3088.
On an intermediate-term outlook, we still see a broader range theme into mid-September.
Short/ Intermediate-term Range Parameters: We see a range defined by 1.2791 and 1.3534.
Range Breakout Challenge
• Upside: Above 1.3534 aims higher for 1.3637 and 1.3899.
• Downside: Below 1.2791 sees risk lower for 1.2565, 1.2000 and 1.1880.
Daily GBPUSD Chart
A break below key trend line and neckline supports and also .7290, .7274, .7250 and .7231/23 chart supports on Friday, has indicated risks of a bigger picture shift to a neutral tone (below .7200) and leaves the bias for a push lower again Monday.
Risk has again increased for an intermediate-term shift from bullish to neutral, only signalled by a break below .7200.
For Monday/ Tuesday:
• We see a downside bias for .7200; break here aims for .7163.
• But above .7315 opens risk up to .7370.
Short/ Intermediate-term Outlook – Upside Risks:
• Whilst above .7200 we see a positive tone with the bullish threat to .7396/7413.
• Above here targets .7516/64 and .7744.
What Changes This? Below .7200 signals a neutral tone, only shifting negative below .7084.
4 Hour NZDUSD Chart
Forextraders' Broker of the Month
ForexTime (FXTM) is an award-winning platform that certainly has the feeling of being set up by people who know what they are doing. The firm demonstrates an understanding of what helps traders make better returns, and its success can be measured by the fact that it's doubled the number of clients it supports in recent years. The fact that the broker has grown to have more than two million accounts suggests it is getting things right for clients.