The popularity of the forex trading vertical has been flourishing over the last ten years, with over 1,200 brokers currently on the market. The growth has been mainly due to the increased accessibility the general public now has to trading platforms and the lack of upfront capital required to participate.
Those factors have led to more and more affiliates entering the forex trading space to promote brands, which has resulted in more brokers launching affiliate programs so that they can take advantage of the additional traffic sources.
Affiliate marketing can be a highly successful channel for forex trading merchants when leveraged successfully. The following article will outline the top five benefits that we have identified of this form of advertising.
- It is a cost-effective channel. It is entirely normal for operators to feel apprehensive about investing in certain types of marketing initiatives because they are mindful of ROI and are afraid of a zero return.
While this is impossible to escape completely, affiliate marketing is an effective way of mitigating some of this risk, as it is performance-based. That means affiliates are only paid when a desired action or result is achieved, which, in turn, motivates them to drive the conversions brands are aiming for to earn their commissions.
- Affiliates act as a knowledgeable third-party endorsement for your brand. Reputable industry stakeholders are considered to be experts in their field and the insight provided on their websites is highly valued by visitors.
Review- and listing-focused websites are fundamentals of affiliate marketing content, and an effective way of presenting information that helps consumers cut through the vast volumes of operators, by providing well-researched comparisons.
Having your brand ranked highly or illustrated favourably on a top affiliate’s website can work wonders for brand recognition and contribute significantly to how it is perceived within the market.
- Increase your brand awareness in new markets. Large scale affiliate networks typically have extensive global footprints and can reach audiences in a wide range of markets. That can prove to be extremely beneficial when expanding into new countries of which you may have no prior experience or knowledge.
By partnering with well-established affiliates, you are provided with a highly successful method of facilitating your brand’s penetration into a new market, by leveraging their vast networks to bring traders to you.
- Affiliates can cross-sell brokerages from an already engaged audience. As previously stated, top iGaming affiliates often have a far reach in the industry. They are not only able to target audiences from a variety of different countries but also have assets that cover a wide range of verticals as well.
This creates an excellent opportunity for cross-selling to a previously engaged player base, by affiliates who focus on multi-faceted strategies. Forex trading can be likened to other verticals, such as sports betting. Employing similar approaches with the same individuals who have already been converted as bettors, has proven to be a useful way of increasing acquisition for a brokerage.
- Gain access to hundreds of additional traffic sources. The most successful affiliates are those that utilise a variety of platforms, such as SEO, PPC, social media, etc., across a wide range of avenues to promote the merchants with which they work.
These efforts act as a major complement to the promotional activities being led by your internal marketing teams. They provide your brand with exposure across hundreds of sites that you would not have been featured on otherwise.
During the rise in forex trading over the past few years, affiliate channels have demonstrated impressive growth in key metrics that contribute directly to a brand’s overall success. That makes it a highly effective method of promotion for this vertical, and one that should be taken into consideration as an addition to your marketing mix.