Sometimes it pays to be first, and such is the case with OptionWeb.com. Binary options may have been around since 2008, but the regulators and legal system have taken a while to understand the new genre and react. Even though OptionWeb (OW) appeared on the scene in 2012, they now have the distinction of being the first binary option broker to be issued a license to operate across Europe. Trading with them now benefits from the security of regulatory oversight and the protection provided by new laws. All customer deposits must be segregated in accounts separated from the firm’s operating capital, and to back that up, Cyprus also has a deposit insurance protection scheme of its own. OptionWeb is a trading name of Lionsman Capital Markets Ltd, a Cyprus Investment Firm authorized and regulated by CySEC with license number 175/12.
Safety and security are tough to come by in a new industry, but OptionWeb also offers a complete product line, as well, supplementing the standard classic Put/Call fare with one-touch and 60-second options. Their Option Builder tool allows for customization of the various parameters that apply to payout, rebate and expiry time for a complete package. Payouts may range as high as 85% with rebates as high as 10% for some asset types, with even better plans for higher account classifications. A win in a one-touch option can bring a 600% reward, as well. OptionWeb’s flexible trading platform also allows for popular Buy-me-out, Rollover, and Double-Up features, often found only from a select group of broker offerings. Asset choices span the usual popular assortment, numbering 180 at this writing.
OptionWeb’s trading platform is a derivative of the highly popular SpotOption system. The trend, previous pricing behavior, and risk details are in full view, but OW augments their system with an intuitive interface that helps you keep track of all of the action, both in open positions and potential opportunities. There are six account types. Each comes with a dedicated account manager, and a free demo system comes with the top five classifications. As an added inducement, OptionWeb guarantees your initial trade and, for some accounts, they will even pay monthly interest of 4.5% and up on your account balance. Unfortunately, U.S. clients are not accepted at this time. Safety, security, flexibility, and high payoffs – all of these benefits await you at OptionWeb.com.
Features at OptionWeb
The distinguishing features listed by OptionWeb.com website are as follows:
- First binary options broker to receive a license from CySEC to operate across Europe, including oversight from FSA (UK), AMF (France), and CONSOB (Italy);
- Customer deposits segregated in separate accounts per regulatory requirements;
- 180 asset choices cover popular areas – Currency Pairs, Commodities, Indices, and Stocks;
- High payoffs up to 85% with rebates up to 10% — One-Touch options can pay as high as 600%. Also, higher payouts possible with higher account options;
- Option Builder function allows for customization of various risk parameters;
- OW trading platform offers professional interface, together with Close, Rollover, and Double Up features;
- Six account categories with varying benefits depending on account size – Starter: 200€; Standard: From 1,000€; Silver: From 3,000€; Gold: From 10,000€; Platinum: From 50,000€; Diamond: From 200,000€ – The last three include VIP benefits; Free Demo account from Standard account class and up;
- Minimum deposit is 200 USD or EUR, via a multitude of payment methods;
- Special interest payouts on large balance accounts of 4.5% monthly or higher;
- All accounts come with a dedicated account manager;
- Broad array of trading tools and support, including commentary, economic calendar and more;
- Customer service available through live-chat, email, and direct phone.
The OptionWeb trading platform relies upon the SpotOption offering that has gained popularity in the industry, along with a few unique features that will broaden your flexibility and enhance your trading experience. The system is web-based. No downloads required, such that if you can access the Internet, then you can trade. Mobile trading is supported, as well. The professional interface also allows you to keep track of your trading activity or view possible opportunities with a single click. The latest in 128-bit SSL encryption techniques keeps your session activity private and your personal identification information secure.
Deposits and Withdrawals
All major credit and debit cards are accepted for deposits that can be made in USD or EUR. Banking wire transfers, Shrill, and Neteller are also supported, along with a variety of other alternative payment services. Withdrawal requests are handled in a speedy fashion, with expedited delivery offered for the higher account ranges. Internationally mandated Anti-Money Laundering identification information must be on file before any withdrawal request can be processed. No U.S. clients are accepted at this time.
Accounts come with a dedicated account manager to assist you in all queries. The staff can be contacted 24X7 via live chat, email, and direct phone line to one of their many satellite offices. Support materials are in abundance and include FAQs, trading basics, an economic calendar, additional analysis and charting tools, and market commentary.
OptionWeb – Conclusion
OptionWeb has the distinction of being the first binary option broker to be regulated and issued a broad-based European license that covers the entire region. Unlike many brokers that departed the Cyprus scene, the firm has welcomed a more aggressive CySEC regulatory effort. They also have created a complete package of asset choices, promotional programs, and trading platform features that surpass most broker offerings in the market. The firm also receives ample praise for their ability to innovate and improve their service offerings on a continual basis. Payoffs are highly competitive, and with safety, security and flexibility as their trademarks, OptionWeb appears to have the upper hand in today’s highly competitive binary option market.
Forextraders' Broker of the Month
BlackBull Markets is a reliable and well-respected trading platform that provides its customers with high-quality access to a wide range of asset groups. The broker is headquartered in New Zealand which explains why it has flown under the radar for a few years but it is a great broker that is now building a global following. The BlackBull Markets site is intuitive and easy to use, making it an ideal choice for beginners.