Competition has been heating up in the forex trading industry, providing an ample opportunity for innovators to step forward to distinguish themselves from the pack. easyMarkets.com is one of these innovators that began in 2001 as easyForex.com, only to re-brand itself in 2015 to reflect its broadened footprint in the world. By 2013, it had amassed over 100,000 active traders across the globe and accumulated trading turnover since Day One of over $1.5 trillion plus. The firm, already an innovator in forex with both spot and forward contracts and an expansive list of major, minor, and exotic currency pairs, decided three years back to add both CFDs and vanilla options into its product offering. It is now a recognized leader in the industry, respected for both its simplicity and transparency, and its new name, easyMarkets, connotes its expansive progression.
easyMarkets is licensed and regulated by the Cyprus Securities Exchange Commission (CySEC) under the CIF license #079/07, and in Australia, by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) license No. 246566. Client deposits are held in segregated accounts at Top-Tier banks, and capital adequacy is well above regulatory standards. A standard account can be opened with as little as a $100 deposit, and account reps at that time will explain upgrade options to you for Premium or VIP standing. Higher account status conveys better fixed-pricing spreads on all asset items. A free demo account, as well as an Islamic account, completes the package. Once on board, you may access over 300+ markets via forex pairs, vanilla options, and CFDs in metals, commodities (both hard and soft), and indices with leverage up to 400:1.
Trust Pilot Ratings
The management team supports both the highly popular MetaTrader4 series of platform products, but also its own web-based version, which is a stripped down system where simplicity abounds, as well as numerous unique features such as “Inside Viewer” and “Freeze Quote”. Spreads are fixed and can vary from 3 pips down to 1.8 pips, depending upon account status. Free trading signals and alerts and Negative Balance Protection are but two more benefits with this broker. Promotions and contests also vary from time to time to keep things interesting, and deposits and withdrawals can be handled through a number of well-known payment service providers. Lastly, customer service representatives are available “24X5” to assist you, and the learning and support center is one of the more comprehensive offerings for all level of trader that you can find on the market today. Unfortunately, U.S. clients are not accepted at this time.
Find more forex brokers
Features at easyMarkets
Why trade with easyMarkets.com? The firm lists these reasons:
- Founded in 2001 by foreign exchange professionals;
- Headquartered in Limassol, Cyprus, with satellite offices in Sydney, Warsaw, and Shanghai, with licenses for both Europe and Australia;
- Regulated by both CySEC and ASIC;
- Numerous industry awards earned, each denoted on its history timeline;
- Client deposits always safely segregated in Top-Tier bank accounts;
- 136 major, minor, and exotic forex pairs, including spot, forward, and vanilla options;
- 300+ markets can be traded via forex, vanilla options, and CFD offerings;
- One active trading account with potential to upgrade to receive lower fixed spreads (spreads can vary from 1.8 to 3 pips based on account class);
- Free Demo and Islamic accounts;
- Leverage can range by asset class up to as high as 400:1;
- Metatrader4 trading platform or firm’s proprietary web-based platform;
- Mobile applications supported;
- Free Trading Signals and SMS alerts;
- Negative Balance Protection, scalping, hedging, and Expert Advisors (EAs) are supported, as well, with slippage all but nonexistent;
- Comprehensive learning center for every level of trader, supplemented by daily market commentary and advanced charting tools;
- Customer service “24X5” via live chat, email, fax, phone, or direct contact through its global network of offices.
- Risk Free Deals with DealCancellation (T&C Apply)
New Spreads are available for EU customers. More information below:
Metatrader4 platform products are standard, but easyMarkets has also distinguished itself by being one of the first firms to offer a standalone, web-based, proprietary trading platform. As such, you will find their system to be simple and straightforward, while offering many unique features not found with other brokers. On each platform, execution speeds are tops, preventing slippage from ever being a problem. Mobile applications are also supported, and the latest in security encryption protocols protect all sensitive data from external compromise.
Deposits and Withdrawals
Deposits are easy to make using major credit and debit cards, bank wires, or a host of other payment alternatives like Skrill, Neteller, WebMoney, and others. As with all international brokers, personal identity documentation must follow legal statutes before withdrawal requests can be handled promptly. The website provides details on how to keep these requirements up to date and in order.
Professionally trained and bilingual assistants are available “24X5” during market hours to answer your questions or provide guidance and instruction. Contact can be made via live chat, email, fax, or phone, but the firm also has several offices (Limassol, Sydney, Warsaw, and Shanghai) to serve you, as well. The firm is also a leader in its support area with a comprehensive set of videos, ebooks, glossary, FAQs and training articles for all levels of expertise. Topics include the basics, all the way through strategy development and supplemented by daily market commentary, trading charts and tools, and an economic event calendar.
easyMarkets – Conclusion
To date, easyMarkets has established a loyal fan base of over 100,000 active traders in more than 160 countries. They must be doing something right. Regulatory compliance and deposit security are givens with this firm that prides itself on being transparent at every turn. How many other brokers present a detailed history of their steady progress over the years on their websites, complete with product innovations and industry awards, as evidence of its commitment to quality for its customers. You can find everything that you would ever need to be a successful trader under this one roof and then some. In the end, it is easy to go with a leader, especially one as impressive as easyMarkets.com.Please be advised that certain products and/or multiplier levels may not be available for traders from EEA countries due to legal restrictions.