Occasionally, the cream of a new batch of brokers does rise to the top. Founded in 2010 and operational in 2011, Orbex.com is one of those firms. A full service forex broker serving both retail and institutional customers, the company has already amassed as many as seven awards for its excellence over the past four years. If the name seems new to you, it is because the firm decided to rebrand itself (formerly AFB FX) to highlight the global nature of its forex business. Headquartered in Cyprus, the broker is registered and regulated by over fourteen countries and individual regulatory bodies.
As their website and Managing Director attest, Orbex offers “a diverse range of products including Foreign Exchange, Precious Metals, Future Contracts (OTC), Equity Indices (OTC), CFDs and Energy Contracts on the MetaTrader platform.” Online access options include smartphones, tablets, and multi-screen applications. There are five basic account categories, including both standard spread (3) and ECN capability (2), a must-have if you want to deploy a scalping strategy. Islamic and free Demo Accounts are also available from Orbex.
In addition to a heavy dose of regulatory compliance to calm your nerves, Orbex also employs account segregation techniques to protect your funds from any external seizure, and the company also participates in the domestic Investor Compensation Fund. The firm has gone to great lengths to make your trading experience an enjoyable one with professional staff, the latest technology, and customer service unequalled in the industry. Per their website, “At Orbex, the client is at the heart of everything we do and everything we do is designed to guarantee your satisfaction.”
Features at Orbex
Why trade with Orbex.com? The firm lists these reasons:
- The brokerage has had over four years of direct experience and garnered many prestigious awards for its excellence in service and execution;
- Regulatory compliance flows both through the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySec) and the European Union Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), including the independent in-country regulatory bodies;
- Client deposits are secured through pro-active segregation of funds from company operating capital in other substantial banks. Further protection is accorded by participation in the Cyprus Investor Compensation Fund;
- Relationships with major Tier-1 banks ensures access to deep liquidity, speed of execution, and security of fund deposits;
- Orbex has elected to use the highly popular family of Metatrader4 products and trading platforms, allowing access from any online device, anytime and anywhere, with real-time streaming quotes and charts;
- Trading products include Foreign Exchange, Precious Metals, Future Contracts (OTC), Equity Indices (OTC), CFD’s and Energy Contracts;
- Initial account deposits can be as low as $500 and leverage as high as 500:1;
- Three standard spread account classifications allow for increasing benefits, depending on the size of your account: Universal Mini ($500 to $2,999), Universal Standard ($3,000 to $49,999), and Universal Advanced ($50,000) with spreads as low as 1.9 pips on majors;
- ECN Standard ($500) and ECN Advanced ($25,000) accounts are also offered for those professional traders that desire that type of direct market trading with increased leverage and lower transaction fees and spreads, as low as 0.6 pip;
- Extensive partnering and affiliate relationships and benefits are also offered;
- Professional customer service representatives have won many awards for their excellence and are accessible via email, telephone, live chat, or by requesting a call back from a team member;
- All trading sessions, as well as your personal information, is secured, based on the firm’s use of the latest in security and encryption technology.
The management of Orbex has made a wise choice to deploy the popular Metatrader4 product line, which includes MetaTrader 4, MT4 multi-terminal, Android Trader, MT4 iphone & ipad trader and MT4 Mac OS Trader. If you can get online, you can trade with Orbex at any time of day. ECN accounts support professional scalping strategies with quick execution, no slippage, and no re-quotes for low transaction fees.
Deposits and Withdrawals
Orbex supports the standard deposit methods, i.e., bank wire transfers, credit cards, and local payment providers, to make your process of moving money easy and reliable. All withdrawal requests are processed quickly, but all clients are advised to have all internationally mandated identity information on file before a request is submitted. These rules apply to all forex brokers across the globe.
The Customer Service Department at Orbex has received many awards, based on their excellence and one-hour response time commitment. The team can speak in ten languages including English, Arabic, Bengali, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese, Bulgarian, Urdu and Greek, and it can be accessed via live chat, phone, or email. The firm also offers a broad array of online educational and training materials, all supplemented with ample and current market research.
Orbex – Conclusion
The team at Orbex offers everything a trader needs – professional support, an intuitive website, easy access, excellent pricing and execution, and a variety of account classifications to serve both retail and institutional traders. The company is very client focused, as stated by their Managing Director, Mr. Abdullah Abbas: “Service to our clients is the foundation of Orbex, and we are thrilled to offer a variety of resources to make trading easier for our clients. We value every trader and company we work with.” Orbex is a firm that is willing to stake its personal reputation on your satisfaction.Please be advised that certain products and/or multiplier levels may not be available for traders from EEA countries due to legal restrictions.